Come out to Fircom's Annual Fundraiser, Camp Fancy!
After a classic Howe Sound winder storm cancelled Camp Fancy last fall, we're back with Camp Fancy 2018.
On Saturday April 14th, we would like to invite everyone from the Fircom community to gather with us, give thanks for last-year's successful camping season, and get excited about the new season in front of us! Camp Fircom served over 570 campers - that's up by 25% from 2016 - and this year is on track to do even better. We are once again gearing up to raise more campership donations to ensure camp continues to be accessible to all families regardless of their income.
We will also be taking this opportunity to wish Neil Carrodus, the outgoing Site Manager and long-time Fircom community member, a fond farewell as he and his family move on to new adventures. Neil's last day of work is March 15th, but he, Breagh, and Mira have graciously agreed to come back for Camp Fancy so we can say a proper thank you for all his time and dedication.
Camp Fancy will once-again be held at Camp Fircom. There will be an opportunity to do a "meet'n'greet" with some our seasonal and year-round staff; dine on our delcious, home-made food; and learn more about the inner workings and mission of Camp Fircom.
Those purchasing an $80 ticket will recieve a charitable tax receipt for $40 as the ticket provides water taxi transportation to and from Horseshoe Bay and a beautiful meal. The $40 children's/staff ticket will not recieve a chartiable tax receipt.
There will be no child minding provided, however, a few volunteers will help parents and kids enjoy Fircom activity areas throughout the day.
Buying your ticket/what you're getting:
- Choose your ticket by boat time. The first boat will be leaving Horseshoe Bay on Saturday April 14th at 10:00 AM, the second boat will be leaving at 10:40 AM.
- Once you get to camp we'll be offering different activities. More info to come!
- Lunch will be served at 1:00 PM, we'll have live and silent auctions and share our favorite camp stories.
- The return boats will be leaving at 3:40 and 4:15 PM
- Dress attire: Campy and Fancy! Throw on a nice dress/shirt with your blundstones, hiking or rain boots. Add a bow tie or a string of pearls. Nothing says fancy like a fascinator. You don't get more camp than plaid with rips and dirt. Get as creative as you'd like.
-Email the office at email@example.com if you would like to get involved.